Scott’s carbon monoxide protection bill passes

A bill introduced in the Senate by South Carolina’s Tim Scott to protect against carbon monoxide disease has passed in the U-S House of Representatives.  The Carbon Monoxide Alarms Leading Every Resident to Safety Act aims to ensure that all families in federal-assisted housing are safe from carbon monoxide poisoning by, among other provisions, educating tenants on health hazards in the home.  “After learning about the unfortunate incidents that happened in my home state of South Carolina, I made it my top priority to ensure the safety of all families moving forward,” Scott said in a statement from Washington.